Better conversations are so much more than talk!
I believe everyone can make their next conversation a Better one!
So, what is a Better Conversation?
Is it Telling, Defending, Confronting, Advising, Demanding, Justifying, Arguing, Pleading, Explaining, Persuading, or Complaining? None of the Above!
A Better Conversation is:
- A two-way exchange of information
- An equal importance partnership
- Asking questions that open dialogue
- Leaving judgment at the door
- Demonstrating empathy and curiosity
- Exchanging ideas for the purpose of understanding
- Finding common ground
- The key to building deeper and more emotionally connected relationships
Did you know that even a dreaded conversation can be a better conversation!
We all have conversations that we dread. I’m talking about the kind of conversations that no matter how much you prepare and practice, your brain still yells “run!” And often we do! Conversations like:
- Talking to your team about their low performance
- Saying “no” to an invitation
- Asking your boss for a raise
- Setting boundaries in a relationship
- Talking to a teenager about unhealthy choices
- Taking ownership and apologizing
- Leading the discussion at a contentious parent meeting
- Disagreeing with a good friend or family member (or Both!)
NOW, imagine having a Good conversation. A Better Conversation. An Exhilarating Conversation! A conversation you walk away from feeling heard, seen, understood, and more connected. Building Relationships Through Better Conversation is Ready for You! Good communicators are made, not born!
As your coach, I will support you to:
- Recognize and eliminate unhelpful communication patterns
- Learn, practice, and implement new skills to improve relationships
- Be intentional and consistent in day-to-day communication interactions
- Understand what you are feeling and manage your emotions
- Step out of your comfort zone and initiate new relationships
- Demonstrate empathy
- Get better at reading non-verbal communication
- Calm the fierce inner critic that tells you daily that you are not enough
- Stop arguing with a friend or family member and repair the relationship
- Leave a toxic relationship
- Start new healthy relationships
- Set boundaries in your relationships
- To have an awesome relationship with yourself
- Give presentations and work and lead team projects
- Identify and answer your important life questions instead of depending on others to answer them for you
- Advocate for yourself at work and at home
- Find your voice
- Speak your truth
“A better conversation is one that is created by everyone in the conversation.” – Jim Knight
What people are saying about Missy…
“There are really not enough positive things I can say about Missy and her coaching. The past 18 months were extremely challenging time in my life. Her ability to understand my perspective as a single father of two and give me the place to discuss the challenges taking place in my life, was beyond important to getting me to a better place. She is an incredibly compassionate person whose coaching can provide some stability and direction when things don’t seem to be going the way you want them to. Her interest in your wellbeing will make you certain that you did the right thing choosing to use her experience and insights in your life. “ – Jeff S.
Coaching focuses on what is happening in your life right now and what you want your best life to be. Through individual, group, team or relationship coaching, I will partner with you in a thought provoking, creative and non-judgmental process that taps into your life vision and the solutions available within you to maximize your personal and professional potential and live your best life.
How are you showing up in your relationships? “Better conversation” starts with knowing yourself first. Take the ELI Assessment, in combination with the personally tailored debrief and gain valuable insights into (1) what levels of energy you are investing in your personal and professional relationships and (2) how that investment of energy supports or detracts from your goals.
The Prepare/Enrich is the leading relationship assessment tool for dating, engaged and married couples. As a Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator, I am essentially a champion for your relationship! Ready? Take the assessment and together we will debrief the assessment results and identify relationship strengths, areas of growth and your unique couple communication dynamics.
With an extensive background in speaking and facilitating workshops, I am ready to speak or facilitate a workshop for your group! My workshops and webinars center on (1) building effective communication and conflict resolution skills for home and work, (2) the language of effective leadership, and (3) developing healthy and thriving relationships personally and professionally.
Work with Me • Invest in You
“Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.”
– Anne Morrow Lindbergh
“Never miss a good chance to shut up.” – Will Rogers